Well, as a regular Photoshop user I faced a really weird situation few days ago. My Photoshop (I'm using CS3 extended FYI :D )  version hangs out every time it loads. It does not even load the standard UI. I had to use windows task manager to terminate the photoshop.exe process.

I was really astonished to see such a thing because I've never faced it before.So I took a moment and analyzed what is really happening. After loading and terminating Photoshop for few times, I became aware that it happened every time while "Reading Preferences" on the splash screen.  So, this has something to do with Photoshop's preferences. After search through on Internet (which Google did a really good job for me), I came up with an answer.

We have to delete the Photoshop's preference file manually. To do that, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys and open Photoshop using Right Click on Photoshop icon and choosing open. (While pressing those three keys, you won't be able to double click and launch Photoshop). 

And that's that!!! You are ready to go!

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments